What is Fragile X Syndrome?
Fragile X Syndrome is the very usual reason of mental impairment and also an ordinary cause of autism. It is a hereditary disorder caused by a fragile or broken site on the X chromosome and is characterized by mental retardation.
Causes of Fragile X Syndrome
- The first and common cause of fragile x syndrome is hereditary.
- Mutation of a gene (FMR1) on the X-chromosome may be a reason for this disease.
- It can be pass to the children's by their mother if she is carrying mutation.
- Boys affect more than girl because of only one chromosome.
- Damaged gene can be passed to the generation may result in this disease.
Symptoms of Fragile X Syndrome
- Mental impairment and autism
- Hyperactive and hypersensitive
- Narrow face
- Large forehead
- Prominent ear and nose and jaw
- Loose joint
- Speech delays.
- Development large testicles during teenage.
Treatment of Fragile X Syndrome
No cure is made for this disease but there are some treatment for Fragile X Syndrome which can help you to treat the patient easily-
- Early intervention program should be organized for the progress of the affected children.
- Speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy can help to improve communication skill and other physical movement.
- Behavior problem can be reduce by using calming technique.
- Medicine should be used for the treatment of aggression and hyperactivity.