What is Down's Syndrome?
Down's Syndrome is a chromosomal abnormality caused by the extra chromosome capacity and it is causes to the mental retardation and some physical signs.
Causes of Down's Syndrome
There is only one important cause of Down's Syndrome that is due to extra chromosome whish is received to a children's through their parents therefore it can also called genetic factor to occur this disease.
Symptoms of Down's Syndrome
- Muscle tone get decreased at the time of birth.
- Broad short hands
and Single crease on the palm
- Mental retardation
- Iris lesion
- Back area of the head becomes round and flat.
- Upward slanting eye
Treatment of Down's Syndrome
- Patient of this disease may require treatment by pediatric cardiologist, a gastroenterologist, and other specialists because they finds the complication situation of patient like heart disease etc.
- Physical therapy is useful to learn walking and moving to the patient.
- Speech therapy, and occupational therapy is effective to improve feeding and communication skills of the patient.
- Surgical treatment is useful to treat heart defects.
- Special education and training center should be provided for the mentally handicapped people.