What is Cytomegalovirus?
Cytomegalovirus is a kind of herpes virus which can affect any body but all people do not get ill, people who are healthy they don't get that much affected or they do not feel illness.
How cytomegalovirus get spread?
- This virus can spread through coughing, contact with blood, bowel actions or saliva.
- When children's shared toys with each other and their saliva on them can be a reason of spreading this virus.
- It is also get spread through blood transfusions and organ transplants
- It doesn't spread through animals like cat and dog.
Symptoms of Cytomegalovirus
- High fever, chills, tiredness and headache these are the common symptoms of this disease.
- Some symptoms like mental and developmental problems occurs after some years of birth.
- Visual and hearing problem.
- Lung problems
- Poor weight gain, swollen glands,
- Rash, liver problems, and blood problems.
- AIDS patient can experience high fever, pneumonia and other symptoms.
Treatment of Cytomegalovirus
- Ganciclovir is one of the treatment which can choose for the treatment of infection spread by this virus.
- Nucleoside analogues like famciclovir, penciclovir, or acyclovir are favored for the patient of herpes simplex.
- PO ganciclovir is used for the prophylaxis of CMV disease.
- Foscarnet is essential antiviral to treat the herpes virus.
- Valacyclovir, penciclovir, famciclovir, and acyclovir are useful to them who have received organ transplants.
- Cidofovir prophylaxis is powerful against the virus.