If you have any of these anxiety symptoms, please don't suffer any longer and go seek help immediately. Your first step is to get properly diagnosed. Only a professional can diagnose anxiety.
- Hot or Cold Flashes
- Dizziness - Lightheadedness - Faintness
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Abdominal Pain - Stomach Pain
- Sharp Pains in the Chest or Chest Discomfort
- Palpitations - Heart Beating Hard and/or Fast or Pounding - One of the more common of an anxiety attack symptom is a pounding heart. This symptom can be caused by a number of different anxiety attacks, from mild to severe. Many people who do have an attack tend to clutch at their chest in fear of a heart attack or other ailment, when in reality they are experiencing anxiety.
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Shortness of breath is another anxiety attack symptom that is seen a lot because of someone feeling panicked due to other symptoms they are experiencing. The shortness of breath can seem like your world is caving in, but by being able to recognize the symptom as part of an anxiety attack, you can more easily control this.
- Fears of Losing Control, Dying, or "Going Crazy"
- Trembling or Shaking
- Sweating - Perspiration
In addition to these symptoms, you may also find yourself worrying compulsively about:
. Having a heart attack
. Having a serious undetected illness
. Dying prematurely
. Going insane or losing your mind
. Harming yourself or someone you love uncontrollably
. Being embarrassed or making a fool out or yourself
. Losing control
. Fainting in public
. Not breathing properly
. Choking or suffocating
. Being alone
Recovery for all of us means understanding our symptoms and how they happen. This in turn helps us to learn to lose our various fears, and by doing so we 'turn off' the fight and flight response.