Deanxit Generic Name:
Deanxit is a mixture of two psycho-active agents, flupentixol and melitracen. This drug should be taken only if prescribed by a physician.
- Precautions should be taken while prescribing (if necessary) deanxit to children below 18 years of age.
- If you are suffering from bipolar disorder (manic episodes of depression) and uncontrolled epilepsy, deanxit is not advisable to you.
- If you are on deanxit, tell your doctor before any type of surgery including dental surgery, you may have to go.
- If you are pregnant, plan to pregnant or are breast-feeding, contact your doctor before starting deanxit.
- If you are allergic to deanxit, tell your doctor before starting the treatment.
- If you are on MAO (monoamine oxidase), you should not take deanxit and a minimum 14 days gap should be allowed to shift from MAO to deanxit.
- If anyone in your family has a history of depression, bipolar disorder or mania, take all precautions before taking deanxit and consult your doctor.
- Sometimes the combinations of medicines, if taken together may interact, so if you are taking any other medicine or herbal product, inform your doctor before starting the medicine.
- If you experience convulsions or fits, while taking the medicine, you should immediately contact to your doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you are on deanxit.
- Children below the age of 18 years are not advised to take deanxit, if prescribed by physician, the effect of this medicine should be continuously monitored in them.
- In children the overdose of deanxit may lead to symptoms of irregular behavior.
- The symptoms of over dosage may also include irregular heart beat, severely low blood pressure, coma and convulsions
- The overdose may also cause symptoms of agitation, disturbed concentration, confusion, high or low body temperatures and vomiting.
How to take Deanxit:
Deanxit should be taken only if prescribed by a doctor.
Take the appropriate dose as directed by the physician. May be taken with or without food.
In no case, you should stop taking Deanxit, without consulting your doctor, especially if you are on deanxit for a long time.
Side Effects of Deanxit:
- The common side effects of deanxit are weakness or tiredness, drowsiness, anxiety, insomnia and dry mouth.
- In some cases the side effects may be more severe such as difficulty in breathing, headache, weight gain, Nausea, upset stomach, decreased appetite, diarrhea, sweating, blurred vision and dizziness. In such cases you must consult your doctor.
How to store Deanxit:
The drugs should be stored in a safe place at room temperatures, and out of reach of children. These medicines should be kept away from excessive heat and moisture.
Outdated medicines should be thrown out.